With the agenda now set for the 2023 National Ethanol Conference, a distinguished slate of speakers is lining up to provide unique perspective and insight on a wide array of timely topics. Themed “Ready. Set. Go!,” the Renewable Fuels Association’s annual conference will be held in Orlando from February 28 to March 2. The event will again showcase well-known speakers and experts, reflecting on the industry’s growth and successes of 2022, and providing their outlook on the future of renewable fuels.
“We are pleased to unveil the agenda for the 2023 National Ethanol Conference, and we are excited to feature thought-provoking content from an excellent lineup of speakers,” said RFA President and CEO Geoff Cooper. “The NEC continues to serve as the ethanol industry’s annual gathering place and the best opportunity of the year to hear from leaders and influencers from industry, government, academia, and beyond. As our theme suggests, the industry is set up for success in 2023 and we are ready to continue our momentum as the new year begins.”
In addition to the annual State of the Industry address, an update from top government agency officials, and expert perspective on the global energy transition, attendees will hear from a wide array of experts and thought leaders on many topics. Click here for the updated agenda. Some of the panels and speakers confirmed to-date include:
- Putting the ‘U’ in CCUS: Carbon capture and sequestration is a huge opportunity but may not work for every ethanol producer. Speakers Conor Cooper of CarbonBuilt, Jim McVaney of Carbon Sink LLC, and Dave Tze of NovoNutrients will examine pathways for ethanol producers to achieve net-zero emissions, including carbon utilization options for biorefineries that cannot access carbon sequestration.
- Ready for Innovation: Learn about exciting opportunities for biorefineries to expand into new markets and uses, including green chemical manufacturing. Hear the latest from Geoffrey Inch of Braskem; Michael Bloesch, President & CEO of Next Wave Energy Partners; and others.
- How Do Consumers Really Feel About Ethanol? Back by popular demand! Discover what recent consumer focus groups had to say about renewable fuels, vehicle preferences, gas prices, climate change and lots of other issues from Phillip Morris of Locust Street Group.
- It’s Go Time! Implementing the Inflation Reduction Act: Congress passed the landmark Inflation Reduction Act in 2022. Now what? Hear from Dana Jackson of RSM US LLP, Jorge Medina of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP and the U.S. Treasury Department about how the bill’s energy tax incentives, infrastructure grants, and other provisions will be implemented.
- India Goes All In on Ethanol: India has made a bold commitment to rapidly expanding the use of low-carbon ethanol. Will India’s leadership inspire other countries to embrace renewable fuels? Hear valuable insight directly from Prashant Banerjee, Executive Director of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.
For more information and to register, click here. Those who register before January 28 can do so for the advanced rate, offering a $100 discount. Make sure to also follow NEC on Twitter, at @EthanolConf, for updates.