With a theme of "Focus Forward," the 25th annual National Ethanol Conference is quickly shaping up to be the can't-miss industry event of the year, featuring world-renowned speakers, discussions on the latest hot topics, and numerous opportunities for networking. It all takes place February 10-12, in Houston, Texas, the "energy capital of the world." "We're thrilled to have such a terrific program this year, with speakers and panelists representing a wide range of interests and viewpoints from around the world,"" said Renewable Fuels Association President and CEO Geoff Cooper. "There will not just be 'something for everyone,' but many things for everyone—so many ways to learn, connect, share and get more involved as we focus forward on the exciting future for high-octane, low-carbon renewable fuels." Among the sessions just announced are:
- The Path Forward for Decarbonizing Liquid Transportation Fuels: How the latest low-carbon technologies, strategies and policies are driving us toward a low carbon future.
- The Emergence of International Clean Fuel Standards: Innovation Drivers or Industry Protectionism? The latest insights on where global standards for clean fuel are headed.
- Ethanol's Competitiveness in the Octane Market: A look at how ethanol stacks up against other octane sources in the world fuel market.
- Discovering New Uses and Markets for Ethanol: There's more than one way to use ethanol. Hear from speakers looking at ways to tap into new markets and jump ahead of the competition.
- RFS Battles: How Are Small Refinery Exemptions and Other EPA Actions Affecting the Marketplace?
- Ethanol's Benefits Go Beyond the Road. Learn about ethanol's success in recreational uses like off-road vehicles and boats, providing power, reduced emissions and lower fuel costs.
- Stakeholders Roundtable Discussion. Hear how important stakeholder groups are planning for the future, what opportunities they see, and how can we work together to achieve our mutual goals.
- Robert McNally, president of Rapidan Energy Group, who served as the top international and domestic energy advisor for President George W. Bush—Global Energy Markets and Geopolitics: What Does the Future Hold?
- Bill Kristol, founder and director of Defending Democracy Together; political analyst and network television commentator—A Look Ahead at Policy, Politics, and the 2020 Election.