The Renewable Fuels Association is a 501(c)(6) non-profit trade association seeking a qualified professional for the position of Communications Manager. The Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a broad range of communications strategies and tactics that support the association’s mission and objectives. This position is based in RFA’s headquarters office in the greater St. Louis area and reports directly to the Communications Director while working closely with the entire RFA team.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Monitors mainstream, trade and social media for pertinent news on ethanol industry and issues.
- Prepares and disseminates day-to-day communications to external audiences, including daily news summary, social media, news releases, and blog posts.
- Prepares communications to promote attendance at, and sponsorship of, annual National Ethanol Conference.
- Assists with content development for RFA website and publications. Ensures website content is regularly updated.
- Assists in periodic media events, including press conferences and webinars.
- Helps develop content for quarterly and annual membership updates and other internal communications.
- Uses basic graphic design to develop images and graphics for social media and other internal and external communications.
- When necessary, manages outside communications consultants and contractors.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent and effective writing and editing skills are required. Basic public speaking skills desired.
- Good organization skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with media contacts, Association members, industry stakeholders, and coworkers.
- Must be able to work as part of an integrated team while also demonstrating the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Basic knowledge of agriculture, renewable fuels, and/or energy industries is preferred.
- Some experience with, or knowledge of, public policy and/or regulatory issues and processes is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Services and/or other basic graphic design programs is preferred.
- Strong experience with social media applications and platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram) as well as working knowledge of digital tools and services such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Constant Contact and Google Analytics.
- Able to travel periodically (approximately 10%).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field is required.
- 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in communications or public relations field.
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
- Please submit cover letter, resume and 3-5 writing samples to [email protected].